Tuesday, February 22, 2011

NAPKINS and more NAPKINS

One of the most monogrammed items I do are napkins, probably because there are usually ordered in sets of 12. Recently a customer came to me about monogramming napkins for her son's rehearsal dinner. We worked and worked with different fonts and colors until we came up with a combination that matched both the rehearsal dinner china and the china chosen by the engaged couple. A couple of dozen napkins were done using the bride's new initials but the rest were done in a single letter so they could be used by both the newlyweds and other family members. It was an honor for my work to be chosen for such a grand occasion!







Friends of the "Mother of the Groom" helped fold all the napkins for the special occasion.






It was indeed a GRAND occasion for the happy couple!




These are some other napkins I have done for recently wed couples.







Cocktail napkins are also great gifts for newlyweds, here are some that I have done recently.



 


I love to set a pretty table but don't consider myself an expert (please no criticism) and I love to use pretty dish towels instead of everyday napkins. I'm not much of a cook, so if you see a recipe on my blog, you need to try it! It means it came from someone else and it's good!


I made this last night, it's from my daughters blog, Moss Pointe,
it's called Honey's Chicken Noodle Soup.


I do occasionally use "real" napkins and here are some that I just ordered at market.
 I just love the Spring colors.



Other colors are available by special order, they are really sweet. Please let me know if there is anything you would like. You can also check out my website, http://www.asliceoflife.com  for ordering and embroidery styles available.



Laurie, A Slice of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment